Skip to main content
Solved

Tracking at link level on each email

• 11 July 2023
  • 1 reply

I see you can turn off tracking at the campaign and message level. Are you also able to turn off tracking for each individual link in the email? Are you able to pick and choose which links in the email you want to track?

Thanks so much

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @Jewels,

Welcome to the Klaviyo Community!

Just wanted to confirm, when you say “turn off tracking at the campaign and message level”, are you talking about UTM tracking?

I ask because by default, all links within an email are tracked - so long as the Email to Website tracking is enabled. This setting is a toggle and is either always on or always off. You would not be able to disable this function for specific emails/messages. 

UTM tracking on the other hand, can be message specific. When using UTMs, similar to the email to website tracking, it is a toggle that is either enabled or disabled for the specific message. This means you cannot enable it to be link specific. 

However, if you’re already using UTMs, you should be able to see the performance of that specific link within your Google Analytics dashboard. Keep in mind, if you have multiple CTAs or clickable areas in using the same link, Google Analytics (and Klaviyo) will typically group their activity/performance. 

If you only wish to track specific links and/or CTAs/clickable areas, you can disable UTMs for the message and manually append UTMs to the different links. This way, each link will have a unique URL + UTM parameter that you could track more specifically in Google Analytics. 

I hope this helps!

David