Solved

Tracking link clicks in emails.

• 14 September 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Brand new here and I’m wondering if it’s possible to track a link click inside a flow that triggers an entirely new flow?

icon

Best answer by David To 14 September 2023, 21:03

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @HDarling,

Welcome to the Klaviyo Community!

This would entirely depend on the link inside your original flow and how you’re triggering the entirely new flow off the click. By default, all links within an email are tracked - with a few exceptions. These exceptions include certain variables and functions such as the web view, unsubscribe, update profile property, mailto, etc. 

If the link inside your original flow was just a normal URL (I.E. www.example.com/...), then a clicked email would be triggered when a user clicks on it. In turn, you could then create a segment triggered flow off users who have clicked this specific URL without any issues. 

I hope this helps!

David

Badge +1

Yes, creating a segment trigger off of that link click is exactly what I want to do. By chance, have you ever seen a tutorial on how to do this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @HDarling,

I would suggest checking out the past Community posts on this topic below:

In it, @Taylor Tarpley actually offers a great visual on the segment definition you can use. If you haven’t already, I would also highly encourage you to take a look through our How to create a segment-triggered flow and Getting started with segments Help Center articles. 

David

Badge +1

Thanks so much for taking the time to help!

Holly