Solved

"Viewed Product" Event not showing in activity feed

• 8 August 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

I have had the viewed product code setup since february and only have received 2 events since then. I know its not a cookie problem because I have since had over 200k website visits and I know its not a web tracking problem because when I test it, it says “data received”. What can be the problem?

icon

Best answer by Dov 9 August 2021, 15:51

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hello @chime823,

Thank you for sharing this question with our Klaviyo Community.

Were there any changes made to your site around the time Viewed Product events stopped tracking in your account? One common reason why Viewed Product events stop recording is due to a Shopify theme update, which can wipe the Viewed Product tracking code from your site. If there was a theme update, the solution is to simply re-install the Viewed Product snippet.

I would also inspect the homepage on your site. If you are using Google Chrome, you can view the source code on the page by right clicking or using CMD + click (on Mac) and select “view page source”. Then try searching the page for “company_id”. This will guide you to the Klaviyo onsite javascript snippet on your page which includes the public API key at the end of the script. If you notice there are multiple scripts here with multiple API keys, this will also impact the ability of logging Viewed Product events on your site. If this is the case, you should reach out to support to remove the duplicate scripts and that will resolve the issue.

Lastly, I would ensure that you have installed the viewed product snippet in all product.liquid files including any custom product.liquid files you may have in Shopify. It’s also possible that the viewed product script is present on certain product pages (but not all pages) and thus is only being picked-up when people view certain pages.

I also recommend reviewing the post below to clarify what qualifies for logging a viewed product event in Klaviyo:

I hope this is helpful! Thanks for being a member of our Community.