Solved

Warming Platform Advice

• 3 January 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Dear Klaviyo Community,

I hope all is well.

My company are aiming to begin warming our platform this week and I wanted to reach out for advice on how best to proceed - as our current marketing strategy doesn't appear to completely align with the suggested warming protocols.

At present (with MC), we send x1 emails per week to our subscriber base (~10,100 subscribers). KL advises narrowing this sending population during the initial warming phase, though I'm unsure how best to proceed here - as it is essential that our entire subscriber base receives this weekly newsletter (we have just launched our new collection and would like to promote 1 key style / story each week). How do you advise that we proceed here? 

Would duplicating this email and staggering the delivery of the weekly newsletter work? For example, sending this email on Monday to the 30-day engaged segment, Wednesday to the 60-day engaged segment and Friday to the 90-day engaged segment (assuming that KL will not send the email numerous times to people who overlap in each segment)? This way, our entire subscriber base receives the email - and KL is able to warm / ramp up. Would love to hear folks’ feedback and thoughts here.

Thanks so much,

C

icon

Best answer by Manny Singh 3 January 2023, 12:43

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +38

Hi @cnwb, welcome to Klaviyo and the community!

Great question about warming a new account.  Since you have engagement data from your previous ESP, you have some more leeway in the sending.  

Did you see this help article about warming an account after migrating from MC?

https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025945671-How-to-warm-your-sending-infrastructure#standard-guided-warming-process3

Importing the MC engagement data will be important.

Based on that help article above, there’s 3 tactics you can use if that campaign email is going to be large during the warming phase (>10,000):

• Use smart send to divide up sends
  • Use batch sending to divide up sends
  • Take random samples of the engaged segment

In your case, I think batch sending sounds like the best scenario. 

As you continue to send, keep an eye on your engagement metrics. You don’t want to get hit with the Marked as Spam tag from your subscribers.

Hope that helps!

Badge +1

Thank you for the advice Manny - all well noted!