Solved

Warming process advise

• 17 March 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +4

Hey! I’ve got a question on the process of warming up when migrating from another ESP. I understand the whole process of incrementally increasing the amount of people you send to over a month, starting from your most engaged segment, but my question is on flows. Does the warming process only include sending campaigns or can I set up basic flows like welcome, customer thank you and abandoned cart from the get-go while running the warmup campaigns?

icon

Best answer by inboxingmaestro 17 March 2023, 16:54

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

Hi @Basil 

Great question - You should definitely switch on the user generated triggered campaigns like welcome onboarding, abandoned cart, abandoned browse programs, etc. that will help you establish better email engagement with your audience and reputation with ISPs.

However, make sure you plan your broadcast and triggered campaigns strategically - both for warmup & ramp up phase, by following email best practices and avoid any sort of bad data targeting and sudden spikes in volumes. 

Hope that answer your question.

Regards,

Mohsin

Userlevel 7
Badge +57

Just adding to @inboxingmaestro great comment here, Flows typically have better engagement performance due to their timely and more personalized nature, so they usually only help improve your sending reputation with inbox providers. I would definitely leverage them as you’re warming up your infrastructure.

Just as a reference, here’s a few Klaviyo guides that might be helpful if you haven’t already seen it:

Hope that helps get you started!

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Basil,

Just to add on to @inboxingmaestro’s great comment, turning on high engaged flows is definitely recommended! This includes Welcome seriesAbandoned cart, and Browse abandonment which Mohsin already previously mentioned. 

We also share more details on this in our How to ramp and warm your sending infrastructure Help Center article as part of the fourth step of the Standard guided warming process.

David