Solved

Warming up a new account with a monthly news letter

• 4 October 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +3

Hi I have just signed up to Klaviyo and I. need to warm up my account.

I have. previous account with Mailerlite. I haven't imported anything yet because im confused, the examples given suggest 2K plus accounts sending weekly emails. I only have 350 and send a mail monthly. I have date on these profiles on open/click etc but its not clear how I go about warming these up?

icon

Best answer by inboxingmaestro 5 October 2023, 06:23

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

Hi @loubiblu , you may not require a standard warmup process with just 350 email subscribers. However, if you have ever sent emails from MailerLite, you can start with clickers and openers atleast once a week and remaining audience in separate batches during the week, if that makes sense.

Also, migrate and suppress any bounces, unsubscribes, spam complaint users generated on ML.

Since, list size is small, I’d suggest you to focus on building and growing your email list and make sure you have your list hygiene processes in place. Follow email best practices and leverage Klaviyo’s List Growth Tools for growing your list.

Here’s a good resource on email deliverability - https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005247008

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Mohsin

Badge +3

Thanks Mohsin, 

So this is the confusion, I dont send emails weekly. I am happy to send maybe two each month for Q4 but in general I do not want to bother my subscribers every week. 

With that in mind would I send an email to my clickers/openers first, then wait two weeks and send another. Then start with the rest?

Im very confused as to how long this process has to be and how many subscribers I may loose because I dont have content to send them so frequently.  (my business is about reducing mental load and shutting out ‘noise’ so I do not want to be that ‘noise’ if you know what I mean?

Userlevel 6
Badge +24

Hi @loubiblu !

Definitely clean your list as @inboxingmaestro suggested! That’s an important first step. 

Since your list is so small, I’d recommend you do two rounds of sending for the first 1-3 emails that you send in Klaviyo, though each round should take place in the same day. This ties back to how Google (provider of ≈80% of email inboxes) evaluates daily email engagement to determine your worthiness to make it into someone’s inbox. 

First round campaign send could go to those who have a history of “opened at least once over all time” OR “clicked at least once over all time” - I wouldn’t narrow down to a shorter period of time at this point since your list is already less than 1k.

Then 3-4 hours later, after some engagement activity has started generating with the first round you sent your campaign to, send it to the remaining subscribers in your list. Take care to exclude the segment you sent the first round to, so no one receives a duplicate email.

Overall, your highest priority after sending campaigns at a consistent cadence (at least 1x/ mo in your case), is growing your list as @inboxingmaestro said. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

Great inputs @ebusiness pros 

@loubiblu - Since your list is quite small at this moment, you should not be concerned much about sending emails every week. That’s how you’ll ensure your subscribers remember you as long as you know them well as deliver the relevant content each time. Monitor your KPIs and adjust your targeting accordingly. But, like I said before, focus on building and growing a productive quality list.

Let me know if you’ve any questions further.

Regards,

Mohsin