Solved

Why is our View Product Activity Event so low in Analytics?

• 3 December 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi Klaviyo Team,

I’m not sure if my viewed product tracking is correct, hence the question. Currently having only 1-2 individuals viewing my products daily, which is vastly different from my traffic flow.

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 3 December 2021, 16:59

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @Cr.oompp

Thanks for sharing your issue with us! Happy to lend some insight here! 

The Viewed Product metric is fired when a ‘cookied’ profile fires the metric by landing on your product pages in your site. There should be some discrepancy between the traffic of your store and firing this particular metric as profiles need to meet several criteria to fire this event. Visitors need to be cookied, meaning have a Klaviyo profile, to fire this event. Additionally, some visitors might only go to the main page of your store and not into a specific product page. According to our WebTracking Guide, the metric  won’t track profiles who haven’t taken an action with Klaviyo previously,, or are ‘anonymous’ browsers. 

However, if the numbers still seem extremely off, I would investigate to make sure you do not have duplicate accounts/ API keys connected to your store. This could be a potential reason for your ‘Viewed Product’ metric to fire incorrectly. You can investigate this by right-clicking your home page and clicking the ‘View Page Source’. Next click Command + F and enter ‘klaviyo’ into the search bar. There should only be one of klaviyo .js in your code. If you see multiple, this could be the reason for the issue. You will need to reach out to support to remove the duplicate .js scipt removed for your store. 

You can also track whether or not the event is firing correctly by testing the web tracking in your store outlined by our awesome Help Center documentation. 

I’d recommend also checking out this other post made by a fellow users that outlines the issues that can arrise if you have mulitple .js on your site. 

Thanks for your participation in the Community! 

-Taylor