Solved

WooCommerce tracking is a mess

• 10 March 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +5

Hi everyone, 

i am facing a serious issue with my WooCommerce integration:

As you can see, today we had 5 orders but Klaviyo only tracked 2 started checkouts.

The “Total revenue” value in the performance section is also totally wrong, way lower than Woocommerce, even taking into account expenses, refunds, cancelled orders, etc.

Also, i’m getting this error:

Could it be the klaviyo.js snippet? Or is it something else?

Someone can please help?

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by David To 10 March 2023, 23:02

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @Shiroyasha,

Welcome back to the Community!

If you haven’t already, I would recommend taking a look through our Troubleshooting Your WooCommerce Integration Help Center article. 

Of those 5 orders that you’re seeing on WooCommerce, do they all have a processing status? Keep in mind only orders that are in the processes status will be synced to Klaviyo as a Placed Order event. This means that orders with other status such as a manual order, pre-order, etc. would not be synced to Klaviyo. 

Do you happen to have a single page checkout process? As I’ve explained in the previous Community post I included below, we suggest using a multi-step checkout process since using a single page one may bypass Klaviyo’s ability to track a started checkout event.

I would also suggest investigating the integration between WooCommerce and Klaviyo. Since it sounds like there are some discrepancies in the data synced to Klaviyo and the error you’re getting; this typically indicates an integration error that needs to be repaired. 

I would recommend first try re-installing and making sure your plugin is up to date. If that doesn’t work to fully remove (not disable) the WooCommerce integration and run through the integration process again. 

I hope this helps!

David

Badge +5

Hi @David To, thank you for your reply!

We have some single checkout pages with Cartflows, but i tried buying from there and the events were tracked normally (since we use Cartflows which allows Klaviyo to track this kind of pages).

Also, the orders go through the "processing" status on Woocommerce, as normal.

I also tried turning off the "combine JS" and "minify JS" options in my cache plugin (WP Fastest cache), then i cleared the cache and went through the whole integration process again after removing both the integration and the plugin, but the tracking problem persists, and the script is still shown as not correctly installed… 😭

Badge +5

Hi everyone, could the theme be the issue here? I am currently using the “Blocksy” theme!

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Shiroyasha,

If you’re still having issues, I would suggest working alongside your developer to investigate this further. In my experience, this could be cause by some code in your WooCommerce backend that may be causing some sort of integration error. 

Your theme could play a part in this as well. Though, once again you’ll want to speak with a developer to rule this out. Oftentimes if the theme is the issue and causing the Klaviyo.js to not be recognized, you could always manually install the Klaviyo.js as well!

David