Solved

Abandon Cart - Dynamic Coupon - Back to Cart Link

• 13 February 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hi There! 

I’m hoping for some help! 

So I’m updating my abandoned cart flow.

I’m now including a Dynamic Coupon Code in the email for 10% off the items the customer has abandoned.

So what I want to happen is for them to be able to click on the button - that will then bring them back to their abandoned cart with the items and also automatically apply the 10% dynamic code so all they have to do is click ready to checkout. 

Is there a way to do this? 

Thanks so much! 

icon

Best answer by Jessica eCommerce Badassery 14 February 2024, 01:24

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

@Kristen BL  If you’re on Shopify, then yes this is definitely possible.

Here is the full documentation for auto-applying links but here is the structure for checkout abandonment & Klaviyo dynamic coupons:

{{ event.extra.checkout_url }}&discount={% coupon_code 'CouponName' %}

Note: this is for a flow triggered by started checkout vs. add to cart as those are technically different events and have different info. 

Badge

Thank you! 

I did have this {{ event.extra.checkout_url }}&discount={% coupon_code 'AbandonedCart' %} but I couldn’t get it to work in the test… is this because it will only work if it’s been emailed out of the Abandoned Cart (Started Checkout) flow?

As a temporary fix i got this code to work also - 

us.bddiesel.com/discount/{% coupon_code 'AbandonedCart' %}?redirect=/cart 

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi @Kristen BL , 

If I may add..

You can add a link that points back to your homepage and automatically applies the discount to your customer's cart. There are multiple formats you can use:

1. mysite.com/discount/CouponName
  2. mysite.com/?discount=CouponName
    This link format works when your discount is the only parameter you're adding to your link. 
  3. mysite.com/discount/{% coupon_code 'CouponName' %}

With any of these options, you should replace mysite.com with your website, and where you see CouponName, make sure to replace with the discount code you created in Shopify.

[From Shopify: https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005253088#link-formats-for-coupon-codes3]

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

@Kristen BL 

You are correct, because the abandoned cart is triggered by an abandoned cart metric, we are able to dynamically pull the data that was sent to rebuild the cart. Without access to this data we cannot automatically rebuild a cart when there is no data to rebuild.