• 22 June 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

Hello,

Here is the set up of my abandoned cart flow :
Trigger : When someone Checkout Started

Flow filters : Placed order 0 times since starting this flow
AND has not been in flow in the last 2 days

Here is the problem : The number of abandonned checkout I see on my shopify analytics (reached checkout - session converted) is way bigger than the number of mails sent by my abandoned cart flow.

Does anyone have on idea of how to fix this ?

Thank you very much

icon

Best answer by In the Inbox 22 June 2023, 16:21

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +29

Hi @Rocone 

Thank you for posting your question in the community! 

The Klaviyo <> Shopify Checkout Started event is triggered after someone has reached the first page of the Shopify Checkout, Completed All form Fields AND clicked to the next page. 

The Shopify Reached Checkout - Session Converted simply tracks the number of people who have reached the first page of the checkout regardless if they submit any information. 

Klaviyo’s event will only fire once the email has been collected and the user has proceeded to the next page of the checkout.

With that in mind, if someone has already provided their email either from a previous purchase or via another form (Popup), you may want to configured your account with the “Added to Cart” event to trigger a cart abandon series earlier in the customer purchase cycle. 

Essentially, the Added to Cart will fire when a product is added to the cart and doesn’t necessarily have to reach the first page of the checkout if the customer abandons before reaching that point. 

If that is of interest, you can find all of the info for implementing the event via Shopify here: https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001396711

I hope this helps! Please let us know if you have any other questions.

@In the Inbox