Question

Abandoned Cart Flow - Link leading to wrong language version of the website

• 14 April 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hi,

I have a question regarding abandoned cart flow.

We have a Shopify e-commerce store and are using the flow in Klaviyo with the {{ event.extra.checkout_url}} function that leads customers to their abandoned carts. Our store default language is Norwegian, but we also have the English version of the website active (but only 1 market active - Norway). When customers click on the abandoned cart button to take them back to the website, they are automatically taken to the English version of checkout and not to the default Norwegian one.

Any idea why this might be happening and how we could fix this?

Thanks!

Milan

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @wiseortwice!

At this time, we only support one language sites - that said, may I ask which Shopify theme you’re using?

Best,

Brian

Badge

Hi Brian,

Thank you for your reply! I’m not sure I quite understand what you mean. Are you referering to Klaviyo not being able to detect the language preference based on the language a customer was using?

Either way, it should’t matter in our case. We would prefer Klaviyo to just always use the default language on our site, which is Norwegian. But it seems like for some reason the Abandoned Cart Flow always gives a link to our cart in English. We offer our site in English too, but it's not our default language or what the majority of our customers use.

To answer your question, our site is using the Refresh theme and you can find it here: www.wiseortwice.no

Thanks!

Milan