Solved

"Abandoned Cart" flow not showing product when previewed.

• 14 November 2023
  • 8 replies

Badge

I'm facing a critical issue with the Klayvio Abandoned Cart feature after following Jordan's Library instructions for Shopify integration.

Despite diving into the documentation, the product information isn't showing up, and this needs an immediate fix. I can't stress enough how crucial this is for our operations.

icon

Best answer by Kylie W 14 November 2023, 09:52

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +28

Hi there @unique_username_1234 

Thank you for the screenshots along with a description of your issue you are facing - I can certainly understand the urgency around this.

Looking at the screenshots and comparing this to a flow I have active for a client, the data appears correct. However what is standing out for me is the message on the right hand side of the last screenshot - ‘Messaged displayed without tags or variables’. 
When you click on the hyperlink to check the status of the integration, what does it say?

From this, it leads me to believe that maybe your Shopify x Klaviyo integration is not connected correctly.

If you select on your store name in the bottom left and then Integrations, then select Shopify. This page should give you a good update on the status of your connection and also information on recent data.

I hope this provides some insight. Any more questions, please feel free to ask!

Kylie

Badge

Thanks for your reply! Here's what I see after clicking the link on the right. Feel free to delete any images if there's sensitive info.

IMPORTANT: My store URL (from Shopify) is vanishpen.co

If this issue is what I think it is (URL’s not matching), how do I change the target URL without losing all of the progress I made up until now? I’ve gone through all the flows.

Userlevel 5
Badge +28

Hi @unique_username_1234 

Thank you for sharing this information. You will need to update your store URL - at the moment the two are not connecting as they are not the same. 

I would suggest disabling this Shopify Integration and adding a new one with the URL of the Shopify store you are wanting to collection and see data from.

Kylie 

Badge

Thanks again. Will I lose all of the progress I’ve done up until now by disabling/re-enabling integration and adding the correct URL?

Userlevel 5
Badge +28

Hi @unique_username_1234 

No as you are not deleting any flows you have created in Klaviyo, you are simply removing the store it is connected too and then reattaching the correct one 😊

Kylie

Badge

Thanks again. So, since my URL is vanishpen.co, but the format must be mystore.myshopify.com, what should I enter for the Store URL? It doesn’t allow me to enter www.vanishpen.cohttps://vanishpen.co/, vanishpen.myshopify.co, and when I enter vanishpen.myshopify.com, after I go through the Integration form it says “Sorry, this shop is currently unavailable.”

And if I do automatic integration, Klaviyo gives me this URL: 90a221-4.myshopify.com, but I still can’t fix my original issue (product not being shown in Email).

Userlevel 5
Badge +28

That is odd, since your site is live.

Sorry for all the questions! When you are in your Shopify Admin and you look at the URL bar, how is your store name presented? I personally find it easiest to just copy and paste the name from the URL into the Klaviyo x Shopify connection. 

The reason I am asking is sometimes when you set your store up with Shopify, even though your public facing website is vanishpen.co, the Shopify Admin name convention could be vanish-pen 

if it is something like vanish-pen, then this is what needs to be entered. However based on your previous post I believe it is; 90a221-4

I am going to tag @David To to see if he is able to shed any insight to help you.

Badge

I apologize for the delay in responding, it's been a busy few days on my end.

I appreciate your attention to detail and the right questions you're asking. In response to your question about the top bar URL, here it is: https://admin.shopify.com/store/90a221-4. So it would seem that it’s correctly connected to Klaviyo.

However, since everything “seems” in order, there might be an underlying issue we're not aware of. I'd appreciate it if we could explore this further. Thanks again for your understanding and assistance.