Solved

Abandoned cart mail : show items

• 16 December 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +1
  • Contributor I
  • 1 reply

Hi everyone,

Don’t if someone already asked the question but I am currently using the abandoned cart flow. W

What I’m trying to do is show on the email the cart items the visitor added to his cart.

Is this possible? Like {{ cart.items }} ?

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by David To 16 December 2022, 17:34

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @Wal,

Welcome to the Klaviyo Community!

Dynamically showing what products were added to a cart to personalize an email is a must in email marketing and absolutely possible! In fact, if you haven’t already had a chance to, I would suggest taking a look at some of our helpful resources below on how to build a dynamic block in your emails using event variables:

Our template export, @Anna McCarthy also has a great video tutorial in the Community post below that walks you through this process too:

I hope this helps!

David

Badge +1

Hi @David To 

Ohhh so we have to use the dynamics blocks, I get it!

Thank you so much, I’ll check it out to see each one of them and make some tests!

Are the events depend on the flow we choose? Like if I built a post-purchase flow, I could use dynamic block based on it?

Thanks again :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Wal,

So it would actually be the other way around. The event data you have access to build your dynamic block would depend on the event/metric trigger of the flow. 

I.E. you wouldn’t be able to reference event data from a Started Checkout event in a post purchase flow triggered by a Placed Order event. 

David