Skip to main content

Abandoned cart not triggering

• 31 May 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi all, 

My client’s abandoned cart flow is not triggering at all. We’ve both tried testing it multiple times and the emails simply do not send. 

I have checked the integration with Shopify and it appears enabled. I am using the ‘checkout started’ trigger. All emails are live. There are no signs of emails being skipped. Does anyone have any other troubleshooting advice we could try?

Appreciate any help possible.

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hey @LGLC, your trigger setup should look something like this: 

For this, I would recommend choosing the flow template provided by the klaviyo, this one👇

Hope this helps! Let me know if I can help you with anything else.

Badge

Thanks I did look at that, and I would love to know what the difference is between the ‘abandoned cart’ trigger and the ‘checkout started’ trigger?

The trigger you suggests involves a separate code embedded on the website as well, correct? 

Userlevel 4
Badge +11
  • Abandoned Cart: This trigger fires when a user adds a product to their cart but leaves the site without completing the purchase. It captures users at an earlier stage in the buying journey.

• Checkout Started: This trigger fires when a user starts the checkout process (e.g., enters their email address) but abandons it before finalizing the order. It captures users with a stronger purchase intent who might have encountered issues during checkout.

I honestly don’t know why the flow template says abandoned cart flow but the trigger is checkout. lol.

And yes, the add to card trigger needs a code snippet in your shopify theme. Here’s the article: https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001396711