Solved

Abandoned cart reminder skipping too many people

• 11 October 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hi all!

I have an issue with my Abandoned Cart flow. It seems to be skipping more people than it should. In the example below, it sent to 5 people and skipped 39. When I look into the skips, they’re unanimously marked as failing the “Placed Order” filter. However, I know for a fact that not all of these people placed an order - in fact, most of them did not. 

Is there something I should modify about this flow or the triggers included, or is there an issue with the “placed order” metric being sent by Shopify? 

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by stephen.trumble 11 October 2023, 21:17

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @ffrebekah 

Welcome to the community! Sorry you’re having an issue with your Abandoned Checkout flow!

Klaviyo only records an event once it is sent from your ecommerce platform. So if we recorded a “Placed Order” metric it’s because your ecommerce store sent us the event associated with the email address of the customer. I would suggest looking at the profiles in question to see when the event was recorded. Go to the Customer’s Profile> Activity Log this is where you can see if they placed the order and what products they ordered. If you have a profile that has “Placed Order” event data in Klaviyo but not in your ecommerce platform, can you share a screenshot of this info so we can take a closer look into why event data is being added profiles incorrectly.