Abandoned Checkout doesn't works correctly ?

• 10 December 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge

Hello everyone !

I’m writing you this post because I need your help to understand something about our “Abandoned Checkout”. We created this flow to send 3 mails to every person who started checkout but didn’t buy. The 1st mail is just a cart reminder, the 2nd mail is a discount coupon and the 3rd mail is a discount reminder.

We have many problems with this flow : 

• Ppl who started checkout but didn’t buy will only receive the 1st mail and that’s it, they’ll no receive the #2 and #3…
  • Ppl who started checkout and buy something will not receive the 1st mail but they’ll receive the #2 (we’ve a discount code) and the #3 (a reminder about the discount code).

You can see below a screenshot of the flow, the trigger is “Checkout started” with 2 flow filters. No Smart sending activated, and about the #2 and #3 mails we activated a flow filter “placed order zero time since starting this flow” but they still receive…

We’re pretty sure that we have made something wrong..can someone could tell us what and explain us ? By the way, we’re working on Shopify.

Thank you very much guys.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Loucas 

Can you provide a profile’s history for each of the above cases that show they only recieved email #1 or they purchased but still received the other emails? As I can see you have this setup correctly and would be odd behavior with the cases you shared. By seeing the profiles history we can see what actions they took and when they made them to better determine what is happening.

Badge

Thank you for your answer and your time @stephen.trumble. To be honest, we turned off this flow and create a new flow “abandoned cart” but with the 3 same mails. You can check below the flow, and same problems. We’ve some ppl who ordered product, and they’re on the waiting list for the Email #2… I join you screenshot of one profil who’s on the waiting list of the flow..

Thank you for your help.

Badge

Hello @stephen.trumble, maybe you could give me a tip about my abandoned cart flow. When a customer add more than 1 item, like 2 items in his cart, he’ll receive our #1 mail but with only 1 product appearing in the mail, not 2. Any ideas ?

Big thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @Loucas 

Just adding to @stephen.trumble response.

The ‘preview Trigger Setup’ shows who would qualify to enter the flow. The contact you’ve shared would qualify as they’ve met all the conditions of your trigger/flow filters

However. the flow filters are evaluated before each email is sent. So the behaviour you see is normal: the contact is shown as waiting for email #2 even though they’ve purchased while in the flow. When the 20hr mark is reached, they will be skipped from email #2 as they will fail the filter “order zero times since starting this flow’.

To your other point, if you’re using the standard cart abandon product table (from Klaviyo’s templates), the contact will receive an email with all the products in their cart as that table iterates through all the products they’ve added.

Hope that helps

Andy

Badge

Hi @Loucas 

Just adding to @stephen.trumble response.

The ‘preview Trigger Setup’ shows who would qualify to enter the flow. The contact you’ve shared would qualify as they’ve met all the conditions of your trigger/flow filters

However. the flow filters are evaluated before each email is sent. So the behaviour you see is normal: the contact is shown as waiting for email #2 even though they’ve purchased while in the flow. When the 20hr mark is reached, they will be skipped from email #2 as they will fail the filter “order zero times since starting this flow’.

To your other point, if you’re using the standard cart abandon product table (from Klaviyo’s templates), the contact will receive an email with all the products in their cart as that table iterates through all the products they’ve added.

Hope that helps

Andy

Thanks for your answer, about the first point, that’s right and I saw it just today.

About the 2nd point, we used the standard abandoned cart, but some dynamics tags was not working anymore so we used the dynamics tags found in the “Preview Event Info”. Big point too, when a customer add many products, it creates in the recipient one profil for each product he added...like the screen below :

So of course he didn’t receive the 3 mails for each product he added, but only one mail for the last product he added… but it's very constraining..

Thank you for your help guys.