Solved

Abandonned card not sending if people don't suscribe to newsletter

• 9 January 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

How can I let the option of subcribing but don’t have it as a condition for the user to receive the abandoned card email ?

icon

Best answer by stephen.trumble 10 January 2023, 18:37

View original

3 replies

Badge +3

What I understand from your query is you want to send abandoned cart emails only to users who have subscribed to your newsletter right.

You need to add this filter “Subscribe to list” on your abandoned cart flow.

Badge +1

Hi Thank you for your reply ! I want to do the opposite and send an abandoned card email to everyone. And for now it only send abandonned card may to people who do have subscribe (so practically nobody !) My question was not clear !

Thanks for your help

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @ceceboubou25 

Welcome to the Klaviyo Community and congrats on your first post! Also, thanks @Muhammad Amir for jumping in to try and help, we appreciate this kind of peer-to-peer collaboration!

There are a couple of things you must keep in mind when thinking about your marketing strategy. 

1. Klaviyo builds a profile based on email address, phone number or customer ID when a customer subscribes to your marketing. Without subscribing we have no way to collect the necessary data to a specific profile in order to trigger your abandoned cart flow. Your IP address is cookied to the email address, phone number or customer ID, so once subscribed we can automatically track viewed product and add to cart event data.
  2. Many countries have specific laws and regulations regarding digital marketing depending on where your customer lives. Many countries require explicit consent to send any marketing, others only require explicit consent for SMS. I would check with your legal team to determine what you are allowed to do.
  3. Unless you have a dedicated sending domaine, you are sharing a sending pool with other companies similar to yours. Klaviyo requires consent in order to protect the sending reputation of everyone in your pool. 

So in short, it is a best practice to only send marketing (including abandoned cart) to those who have explicitly stated that they want to hear from your business. In this case, it seems like you might want to take a deep dive into how you are collecting consent to improve your signup form and customer experience. 

Hope this helps, and thank you both again for being part of the Klaviyo Community!