Solved

Account settings, basic flows issues

• 10 September 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

I need support. I thought I had installed a very basic application with a simplicity to send an automated email, but it really doesn't work well and is very archaic. I need help because when my customers buy a product I want them to receive a message with all the content of the program.

The problem is this:
Some customers get the email and some don't and yet they buy the same product. How to solve this problem?

Thanks 

icon

Best answer by retention 10 September 2021, 18:44

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +57

@Ski Chic-Chocs - Hey, welcome to the community.  If you want a customer to receive an email after they purchase a product, you should have a  “Post Purchase Flow” that’s typically triggered by either a “Placed Order,” “Ordered Product,” or “Fulfilled Order” event if you’re on Shopify. 

There are some nuances between those events, so use the event that makes the most sense to you. From what you explained, there could be a few issues:

1. First, make sure you are properly integrated with your ecommerce platform to Klaviyo.  And that all the events are firing into Klaviyo.  If you go to Integrations → Shopify (example), you’ll see a panel of “Recent Data” that tells you all the metrics that Klaviyo is receiving.  Looks like this: 
  2. Make sure your Post Purchase Flow is triggered by one of the purchase events / metrics.  If you are getting some emails being sent (but not others) - double check which event / metric triggers the email - perhaps it’s not what you expected.  For example, if it’s triggered on “Fulfilled Order” - then that Flow doesn’t start until the order is marked as Fulfilled - so that user won’t get an email until that happens. You can reference Klaviyo’s guide on this here for more context: Guide to Creating a Post Purchase Flow
  3. Make sure you don’t have any Flow Filters that might be excluding certain people.  Open your Flow and see if you have any Flow Filter rules set and that rule is what you expected.  Klaviyo explains what a Flow Filter is here: About Flow Triggers and Filters
  4. In the Flow Message, make sure you don’t have “Smart Sending” turned on.  Smart Sending prevents emails from being sent if they’ve received another email in the time period you set in your Account Settings.  (Typically, it is 16 hours).
  5. In the Flow Message, make sure you don’t have any Message Filter rules for that single Message.  Similar to the Flow Filter, these rules allow you to make additional conditions for this specific message.  More details here: Setting an Additional Filter for a Single Flow Message
  6. Lastly, you can click on any message in a Flow and review its Recipient Activity. To do this, select the message, and in the left hand side, click on “View All Analytics.”  Then click on Recipient Activity on the top.  At the top of this page, you can see all the emails that were sent, skipped or “Other” issues.  It looks something like this: 

Sometimes emails are not sent because they are skipped because a user unsubscribed, emails bounced, or marked as spam, etc.  More details about “Recipient Activity” is in this doc: Flow Analytics : Review Recipient Acitivity.

If you share with us your Flow or more specific details, we might be able to help troubleshoot!

Hope this helps!