Skip to main content
Solved

Add To Cart - Abandon Cart Flow - Not pulling information across?!

• 10 June 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi All!

I have added the add to cart trigger onto our product page (we’re using the Kalles Theme in Shopify). 

The trigger appears to be working when I view customer info, although doesn’t appear to work for all. I tested it on my own profile and it didn’t work, and then I looked at other profiles and it’s working (weird but ok). 

The issue I’m having now is that no information is pulling through as dynamic content within the flow. Product image, Product titles, URL, Price. I’m going absolutely crazy trying to figure this out so would appreciate any help or advice anyone has! 

We have an app and it seems all previews are pulling from the app, whereas I want to preview from the website 😵

Some screenshots to explain more:

Standard flow template & events

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +15

Hi @Aimee 

I would recommend testing the trigger with this utm in the end of your product page and trying to add items to the cart. 

[Company url]?utm_email=[your email which is registered in Klaviyo]

Then you can you to either your profile or the metric “Added to Cart” and review the information. 

If the Added to cart metrics is triggered, I would recomend to preview the data within the e-mail you are working in. For some Added to cart events, the syntax of the dynamic content can look different. The correct syntax can be pulled from the rightside bar using the event info in preview-mode. 

This guide contains a video with a how-to-guide: https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/4408802597659

If your added to cart trigger is not triggered, I would use this guide to troubleshoot: https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/6985692431259

Keep in mind that the Added to cart metrics is static and triggered by a single event, therefore the dynamic content will only display one item = the one, triggering the Added to Cart event in the first place.

I hope this helps :-)