Solved

Add to cart email flow

• 14 February 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge

Hi There, 

I’m creating a flow where Once a customer has purchased an item from our site - after 30 minutes we will follow up with an email offering them a discount on a specific product that would pair well with the item previously purchased at a discounted rate. 

Is there a way to get the button in the email to Link back to the persons cart with this NEW item already discounted and in their cart? 

So far i’ve only been able to make the link take them to the product page - they then have to click add to cart on our website. I did get the discount to auto apply that way but ideally we would like to cut that step of them having to add the item to the cart. 

Thanks so much

icon

Best answer by Adam Ragsdale 15 February 2024, 18:07

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Kristen BL 

Thanks for asking this really interesting question!

I have reached out to one of our product experts to see if there is a workaround. However, I don’t think it’s possible to add a product to a customers cart since the action would have to be taken in the eccomerce site. We are able to do this with abandoned cart because the cart was already built on the ecommerce site and we are just rebuilding with the data provided to us. However as this product has not been in the cart I’m not seeing a workaround to automatically adding it. 

I will follow up once i hear from the product expert to see if we can find a workaround!

Userlevel 3
Badge +12

Hi @Kristen BL

Thanks for asking the community. I like your style with the post-purchase product pairing (PPPP?) flow!

Which ecommerce platform are you using? You should be able to build a custom “add product to cart” URL (with coupon applied) within your ecommerce platform, and then copy/paste that URL into Klaviyo emails, buttons, etc. I have implemented this for clients on Shopify and WooCommerce. Please see below for some resources I found for these two platforms:

Shopify Help Center: Cart permalinks

UserInsights Blog: How to create a custom add to cart URL in WooCommerce

Best of luck! Please reply if this accomplishes your goal, or if you have further questions.

~Adam

P.S. I’d also love to hear any non-client-sensitive results of your PPPP flow when you get it live. :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Thank you @Adam Ragsdale I knew there had to be options that I was missing that weren’t necessarily specific to Klaviyo! I appreciate your follow up so much!

Badge

Thanks everyone for your help! I was able to get this working using the code 

us.bddiesel.com/discount/{% coupon_code ‘TSB_' %}?redirect=/cart/31887672770629:1 

It brings our customer to the cart with the product loaded into the cart and the discount applied, so all they have to do is click ready to checkout! 

Userlevel 3
Badge +12

@Kristen BL Outstanding! I’m glad you found a solution. 

Please don’t hesitate to reach back out to the community if we can help further.