Solved

Added To Cart Flow - "Return To Your Cart" button not working

• 25 June 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

When I click on the button, nothing happens. It does not take me to the site and does not take me to my cart. What URL should I be using?

icon

Best answer by Dov 25 June 2021, 15:42

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hello @Breezzzy,

Thank you for sharing your question with the Klaviyo Community.

I am glad you asked this question because it is an important concept to understand when using event variables in Klaviyo emails.

Once you are inside the template editor for a flow email, click the Preview button on the left-hand side. This will bring-up a modal with all of the event-data related to the event that triggers the flow. If you scroll down to the bottom, you should see “URL”. Click on this and copy and paste the corresponding tag into your “Return to Cart” button. For Added to Cart, this tag is 

{{ event.URL }}

Often, customers will use the dynamic block from the Abandoned Cart flow triggered off of “Started Checkout” in their Abandoned Cart flow triggered off of “Added to Cart”. However, since “Started Checkout” has different event data and thus different tags from the Abandoned Cart flow triggered off of “Added to Cart”, this will not work. You must use the tags associated with the event that triggers the flow.

For more information on using event data, I recommend checking out our article here. I also explain this concept in the post below:

Thanks and have a great weekend.