Solved

Added To Cart mail: showing products from last add to cart event instead of first

• 20 November 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

We have a custom integration and are sending add to cart events. So each time someone adds a product in their cart, an add-to-cart event fires that includes the latest addedItem and the other items in their cart. We want to send mails on that occasion, but obviously people can add multiple items in a session and we want to include their full cart in the mail, not just the one product from the first add to cart event.

So far we were thinking:

• step 1: start flow. Trigger = add to cart event
  • step 2: wait 3 hours 59 minutes
  • step 3: conditional split:
    • what someone has done (or not done)
      • Person has Added to cart (API)
      • is at most 1
      • in the last
      • 4 hours

This way

• Every add to cart event that was preceded by another one in the last 4 hours is skipped, allowing some time to conclude their shopping session, and only the last added to cart event will be used to send out an automated mail. 

What I’m still missing: 

• I want to setup some measure to make sure this can only happen once every week, so e.g. a waiting period of 7 days.
    • If I use the flow filter “has not been in this flow” last 7 days, this will probably skip everyone after their first add to cart event?? That’s not the desired effect.
    • has received mail: I cannot select a specific mail
    • Tried to work with a flow and update Profile Property
      • Create New Property: ok, can do this, e.g. “AddedToCart mail in last 7 days”
      • Delete New Property, after waiting period of 7 days: cannot do this as this (new) Property is not in the list...

Probably missing something basic here?

icon

Best answer by stephen.trumble 21 November 2023, 18:40

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Stijn Meyvaert 

Great questions here. Hoping I can help!

• If I use the flow filter “has not been in this flow” last 7 days, this will probably skip everyone after their first add to cart event?? That’s not the desired effect.
    • The “has not been in this flow for X days” will not skip everyone after their first add to cart event. It will enter the profile into the flow when they abandon their cart, if within the 7 days they trigger another abonded cart they will not move through the flow. However if they trigger the abandon cart metric again after the 7 days, they will move through the flow again. This would allow them to receive this flow maximum of once every 7 days.
  • has received mail: I cannot select a specific mail
    • You should be able to set up a flow filter based on a specific subject line and will looks something like this:

I believe that either of these first two bullet points is actually what you are looking for. If not we can figure out how to setup the custom properties to fit your use case! Hope this helped clarify what you are trying to accomplish!