Solved

Adding a tag after a flow completes

• 10 January 2024
  • 7 replies

Badge

I’ve been using InfusionSoft, ActiveCampaign and a few other email softwares before, and tags have always been a great way to segment users.

Am I correct in understanding that Klavyio doesn’t do this, but uses “custom properties” for this?

If that’s the case, isn’t this a complicated workaround for something most other services do out of the box?

icon

Best answer by Spark Bridge Digital LLC 10 January 2024, 21:34

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

Yes, you are correct in your understanding of tags vs. custom properties. But what is not available out of the box? Whether you call a property a tag or a tag a property, either way, it’s available out of the box.

Badge

I mean being able to drag “add/remove tag” into a flow - that’s all I need. 

So that later I can design more complex flows. But I’ll shop around and see what else is out there.

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

You can already do that in Klaviyo too.

Badge

How exactly? So far I’ve not seen an easy way to make that happen.

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

Drag the block into the flow.

Userlevel 6
Badge +31

@OliverM Hey! To expand on David’s comment - you can drop in an ‘Update Profile Property’ node into the flow. There you can tell it to create/update/remove that custom profile property you’d like to set. For example, setting a profile property called ‘Follow-Up Needed’ = TRUE as a way to filter that into a segment of users you’d like to follow-up with personally. 

Hope that helps but let me know if you have any other questions!

Badge

That helps and confirms my main concern - thank you! 

I need a system that’s a little easier to handle, since I’ll be using link clicks in emails to segment users based on actions taken.

I’m sure Klaviyo can do this with various custom properties and modified links, but it’s just not the user friendly thing I’m looking for!