Solved

Adding customers to a list within a flow

• 4 October 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +1
  • Contributor III
  • 5 replies

Is it possible to add customers to an existing list within a flow based on action or just part of the flow? 

Scenario: We have multiple points where we obtain newsletter sign-ups/opt-ins for example, through events, collaborations, API integrations and competitions. I have setup personalised welcome emails to ensure customers are reminded on how/where they have opted-in. I have been manually adding these customers into our standard welcome flow via a list upload but was hoping there might be an easier integrations e.g. being able to ‘add to a list’ node?

icon

Best answer by gmartu 4 October 2023, 09:03

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi @Pez,

I'm not aware that within the stream creation there is a dedicated action for adding to a list.

There is a shortcut though that I hope will work for you.

You can use the Update Profile Property action, later Update Existing Property, this way you update a contact's information within a flow where you prefer, so maybe after a conditional split.

Previously create your segments that update based on this custom property that you will have created to differentiate users.
This way you will have a way to be able to differentiate these users and perform targeted actions for them.

I hope this helped you,
Regards

Badge +1

I did see that Update Profile Property action but hadn’t fully explored ways to use it. Thank you @gmartu for your idea and agree that seems to be the best (and probably the only) option.