Solved

Adding dynamic images/links to Email Content

• 20 February 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

Hi everyone, 

We are in the midst of setting up an email flow for a real estate rental website. Our objective is to make all images/links in our emails dynamic to each user. We are using Segment (https://segment.com/) as our customer data platform which we have connected to Klaviyo. 

I see there is a field to add dynamic images in the emails. How would I go about obtaining this dynamic image link?

icon

Best answer by Brian Turcotte 21 February 2023, 15:59

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @liambruno!

If you haven’t already seen it, here’s our Help Center article about inserting dynamic images to emails:

The actual variable will depend on the platform and what type of event you are passing through, but you can typically find it by following these steps:

In a flow:

1. Open the email in the flow editor. 
  2. Click Edit Content.
  3. Click Preview and Test.
  4. Click on a property name from the Event Properties menu to copy it. 
    A user copies an event variable in Klaviyo
  5. Paste the variable into your flow email.

This preview window will show all of the data available for that particular event metric. List entries are numbered starting at 0. For instance, if {{ event.extra.line_items.0.product.name }} is the variable entry for an image, the 0 indicates that it is the first item in the array.

Additionally, Klaviyo also offers a number of pre-build abandoned cart and browse abandonment flows you can leverage within the Flows Library. These pre-build flows allow you to customize and edit them while already having a pre-coded dynamic table block which aligns with your integration’s metadata being passed, as my colleague David mentions in this thread:

Thanks for using the Community!

- Brian