Skip to main content

After user sign up, send email with some custom properties data

• 13 June 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi,

I’m new on klaviyo and I need help to do the following. I want that when user sign up by a form, they recive a mail wiht a download url. For that, when user put her email and submit the form I save the download url in a custom propertie. I do this because the url for download is dinamic, based on some parameters. This part I can do well, i’m be able to save this url into custom propertie. I don’t know how to do the next part, that when the user submit the form, klaviyo send an email at that email address with the url that I have in the custom propertie of this profile.

Can anyone help me with some guide or some advices?

Thanks,

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @xabi 

Welcome to the community!

I am in need of some clarification of what you need help with. Do you need help with adding the custom property to the email so the correct URL is delivered to the customer? Or do you need help setting up a flow that once someone submits the form to receive the URL and email is automatically sent to the customer? In addition to the clarification, what integrations are you using? This will help me provide a quicker solution if I know what you are working with!

I’ll be on the lookout for your response!

Badge +1

Hi @stephen.trumble 

Thanks for you response. I need help doing more than one thing.

One of then was to send info to a custom property (i have created one custom property in form called ‘url_document’) when user enter her email and submit the form. I reed this post and use code like that. Do you think this is the correct way?

window.addEventListener("klaviyoForms", function(e) {
if (e.detail.type == 'submit') {
e.preventDefault();
var klaviyoq = window.klaviyo || [];
const tag = document.querySelector("#download");
const url_doc = atob(tag.dataset.url);
klaviyoq.push(['identify', {
'url_document' : url_doc
}]);
}
});

Second thing, is to send an email with this ‘url_document’. I’m using a flow to send email when user submit the form. For that i’m using the trigger form submited by profile. Is that the correct way?

I think the second part is the correct way, but i’m not sure with the first, because sometimes i have the data of url_document in klaviyos profile properties and other times the propertie was empty, and i don’t know way, or in what scenario. I’m doubt with use of `e.preventDefault()` function.

I wish you can understand better my issue 😅

Thanks

Badge +1

Hi @stephen.trumble ,

If I use a “Form submitted by profile” metric to trigger a flow can thsi flow execute more than one time?

I think that is possible but, when i tested i see that only trigger the flow in the first “Form submitted by profile”.

Thanks,