Skip to main content
Solved

Allowing a profile to enter both paths in a flow if they are subscribed to both SMS and email

• 26 May 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi! I created a birthday flow that starts a week before a person’s birthday and begins with a conditional split based on whether the person can receive SMS. It branches out from there with a path for email and a path for SMS. I would like for the profiles subscribed to both email and SMS enter both paths and receive the emails AND the SMS messages. The way I have it set up currently, profiles who are subscribed to both are only entering the SMS path and not receiving the emails.

It took me a while to finally get this set up to where the content on both sides works as it should (it has several touch points and branches off based on whether or not the person used the discount/purchased along the way).

I have to believe that what I’m wanting is an easy fix, entailing a few tweaks to the filter settings, conditional splits, or something...but, I’m not sure how to actually make it happen without screwing something up!!! I’m sure it would be easier to answer by seeing the flow and splits/filters, and I’m more than happy to share what I’ve set up.  :)

Thanks so much in advance!!

Nan

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +32

Hey! What I do in flows is put all SMS and emails into one single path, no splits needed!

If someone is not opted into SMS, the message will skip automatically anyways, so having a split for consent isn’t necessary since Klaviyo is making sure they aren’t texted if you don’t have consent.

So in your case, you can just move those SMS in the timing you’d like where your email path is, remove that flow filter for SMS consent and you are set!

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Here's another approach you can try:

Combine both email and SMS into one path. Klaviyo will automatically skip SMS for those who haven't opted in, so no need for a split based on consent.

1. Move your SMS messages to the same path as your emails.
  2. Remove the flow filter for SMS consent.

This way, those opted into both will get both, and those only opted into one will get just that. Simple and effective!

Hope this helps!

Badge +2

@eCom2Win_Marketing and @Spark Bridge Digital LLC 

Thank you both so much for your replies!!  Spot on and I’ve revised my flow accordingly….thank you!!