Solved

Am I missing the Coupon block in email templates?

• 25 July 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

When I set up my last campagn email, there was a block for a coupon, and it allowed me to add an alternate static coupon. Am I looking in the wrong place or is that option gone? 

icon

Best answer by David To 25 July 2023, 22:24

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @AmeyM,

Seems like you may be confusing the sign-up form editor with an email template editor. 

Although a coupon block is not available in the email editor, it is for the sign-up form editor. 

I would suggest checking out our Getting started with coupon codes in Klaviyo Help Center article to learn how to use coupon codes in emails. Or, check out the How to add coupon codes to sign-up forms article for using a coupon through a sign-up form. 

I hope this helps!

David 

Badge +1

Ah, yes! Thank you so much! I knew I saw it somewhere before. :) 

Can you explain why we don’t have the coupon code option in emails? What I like about the one in flows is there is an option for the customer to copy the code, making it harder for them to wrongly input on the site. It would be great to have this function in email as it means they are more likely to successfully complete purchase.

Is there any way we can incorporate a coupon to our emails? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Not Your Grandma's,

Thanks for the feedback!

I suspect there isn’t a coupon code block similar to a sign-up form’s is due to how many more ways dynamic coupons can be used in emails. For example, you can use dynamic coupon codes as part of a dynamic URL/link - like one to take user back to their cart with a coupon applied. 

@dee1208, to learn more about how to use and incorporate coupons into your emails, I would suggest taking a look at our resources from the Help Center article such as the ones below:

David