Skip to main content
Solved

Apply Filters to multiple emails in a Flow

• 4 May 2023
  • 1 reply

Hello!

I am working with a client where we have a flow set up for a variety of categories and types of shoppers, resulting in 11 email flows with similar content customized to the category and shopper. However, when the customer looks at multiple categories they end up in multiple flows, bombarding them with emails.

I initially set up a flow filter for each flow that said “Received Email zero times in the last 30 days” where the $flow equals the other 10 email flows but that did not stop the multiple sends.

Is there a better way to apply the filter to multiple emails within a flow besides applying the filter to each email individually? If that is the only solution, I will need to be adding 10 filters to 4 emails across 11 flows, so any and all suggestions to keep me from doing the same task 400 times would be appreciated! 

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +22

Hi @priscillajwb thanks for posting in the Klaviyo Community!

It sounds like your goal might be better accomplished by including all variations in one flow and using conditional filters to guide subs into the right flow split. 

In your case, you could filter by the category so people who looked at category A go down the first path, and if it’s category B they go down the second path, etc. 

This way there is no risk of people receiving multiple emails. 

Here’s some Klaviyo info on conditional splits in flows. 

@tracingrobots also had a great answer to a similar question in the community here: