Solved

automated system, to send our client an email every week?

• 14 July 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

Insurance broker will give us a client list. On the excel sheet, they will have a few segments such as what each clients business activity, net revenue, etc. I’ll need an automated system, to send our client an email every week that fits their criteria.

icon

Best answer by In the Inbox 14 July 2023, 15:32

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +29

Hi ​​​@iftekhirul 

Thank you for posting your question in the community. 

I assume the clients in the list provided by your broker will be new each week. If this is accurate, you could set up segments or lists based on the client business activity. 

Then, you’ll create a flow triggered by that segment or list so that when new clients are uploaded into Klaviyo, they will be automatically triggered to receive that email from that flow.

The one caveat is that with both a list or segment flow, contacts can only be triggered into the flow once, so if its likely a client could be provided by your insurance broker multiple times for the same business activity, then they would only receive the email the first time they are uploaded.

I’d love to invite my fellow champions to share their thoughts and recommendations as well. @ebusiness pros @Bobi N. @KatherineB @Omar @Ashley I. - Any other recommendations?!

I hope this helps!

@In the Inbox 

Userlevel 6
Badge +24

Hi @iftekhirul - this is an interesting question!

@In the Inbox gave you helpful feedback to get started. The point he makes here about list or segment-triggered flows will be especially important if you’re trying to send a specific email to the same group of people every week: “The one caveat is that with both a list or segment flow, contacts can only be triggered into the flow once, so if its likely a client could be provided by your insurance broker multiple times for the same business activity, then they would only receive the email the first time they are uploaded.”

This might be a case where building your primary list, then using custom properties to segment people based on what group they were sent in by your broker, or what week they were sent, or a similar criteria would be best used to send specific campaign emails that you send once weekly, rather than attempting to automate this. 

If you feel strongly about automating the process, you might need to create a custom event that can trigger the flow each time someone has that event tracked on their profile, so they can be entered into the flow queue each time and receive the needed email. That would resolve the one-time-only issue that comes with using a list or segment trigger for a flow…

Warmly,

Gabrielle

Klaviyo Champion & Marketing Lead at ebusiness pros