Solved

Back in Stock as sign up for Newsletter

• 5 January 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge +2
  • Contributor II
  • 4 replies

Hi,

we sell vintage one of kind objects. After an item has been sold, we leave them up on the website for a time to create fomo. Since we sell only unique items, they do not get restocked. However, we would like to offer a sign up form on the product page after an item has sold for people, who missed out on said item. This sign up form should sign people up to our main email list.
Is the Back in Stock option the right choice for this?

And if so can I install it, as we use the impulse theme of shopify in combination with pagefly?

Thank you in advance for your advice!

Kind regards, Elisabeth

icon

Best answer by alex.hong 5 January 2022, 19:19

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi there @Elli,

Thanks for being a member of our Community! I hope I can provide some info regarding this idea.

Our back-in-stock flow will not work for this use-case. This does require a specific variant to be restocked. If you would like to be able to notify customers when something similar is in-stock you will have to collect their information through a form.
You can have your form be any style (embed/pop-up/fly-out) and then have drop-downs for what they are interested in or add additional preference options. You can then have these profiles added to a list specifically for re-stock notifications. Their preferences will also be saved on their profile.
Now that you have their preference information, you can create segments based on these. For example if you were selling clothes, you can create a segment that looks for everyone that has a preference of size: medium. Then you can send a campaign message to that segment when a medium size is in-stock.

(Additional doc regarding how segments update can be found here)
This process does require you to manually create a segment, but will still allow you to engage your customers.

I hope this helped!
Alex