Solved

Back In Stock Delay

• 15 May 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

I have everything setup for a Back In Stock flow. There is one setting preventing me from launching. It is the Back In Stock Dealy. Which waits for product to come back in stock before sending email. I do not see any settings for that, just a delay of days. It should look like this sample.

icon

Best answer by In the Inbox 15 May 2023, 15:58

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +29

Hi @MichaelHEGS 

Thank you for posting your question in the community! 

When you set up the Back in Stock flow did you create it from scratch or use one of prebuilt Klaviyo flow templates? If you use one of the two templates (shown below), the custom wait step will be included in the template.

If you are not seeing the custom wait step in the templates, I suspect you may have an issue with the Back in Store snippet that needs to be installed on your website. Depending on your ecomm platform, you will have a slightly different integration. 

I believe at the top of the article you referenced, there is a second on the integration steps.

https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003872251

If you completed the integration and still not seeing the necessary wait step, you may need to contact support to troubleshoot further.

@In the Inbox 

I’m having a similar problem… Is there any way to build a flow from scratch that uses the “Back in Stock” delay?

The “Back in Stock delay” shows up for me just fine but only if I use Klaviyo’s pre-built back in stock flow. The issue is, I’m trying to set up a flow from scratch (with a different trigger than “subscribed to back in stock”) that still incorporates the “Back in Stock delay”. But my only timing option is the fixed “Time delay”. Am I missing something or is there simply no possibility of using the “Back in Stock delay” option in the Flow Builder?

Userlevel 7
Badge +29

Hi @marketingtiger 

Thank you for posting your question in the community. As far as I am aware, you can only get the time-delay you are looking for when using the back-in-stock trigger, which I have only been able to generate when using the pre-built flow template for back in stock. 

That said, maybe one of my fellow Klaviyo Champions might have some alternative ideas: @ebusiness pros @Bobi N. @Omar @retention 

Best,

@In the Inbox 

Userlevel 6
Badge +24

Thanks for the tag @In the Inbox!

@marketingtiger can you help us understand what kind of flow you’re trying to build/ what the customer journey is intended to be?

The “back in stock delay” you’ve mentioned is dependent on the trigger event “subscribed to back in stock” so that’s why it’s not available as a time delay option when building other flows from scratch. We might be able to help you find an alternative solution though, depending on your flow design…

Warmly,

Gabrielle

Thanks for the tag @In the Inbox!

@marketingtiger can you help us understand what kind of flow you’re trying to build/ what the customer journey is intended to be?

The “back in stock delay” you’ve mentioned is dependent on the trigger event “subscribed to back in stock” so that’s why it’s not available as a time delay option when building other flows from scratch. We might be able to help you find an alternative solution though, depending on your flow design…

Warmly,

Gabrielle

Thank you @In the Inbox & @ebuisness pros -- I appreciate you both taking the time to reply!

I am trying to create a language-specific back in stock delay. I created two different “Back in Stock” lists (one for German, one for English, with signup forms, confirmations mails, preference pages, etc. in the respective languages) and the plan was to build a back in stock flow for each starting with the trigger of being added to the respective list. Then, I was going to use conditional flows to filter by a few key products to send either a product-specific back in stock email (with specific pictures and texts) or a more generic back in stock email (using dynamic content and a standard text).

I know multiple lists is not generally best practice, and that seems to be the source of the issue here. Do you have another suggestion for how we could tackle the multilingual aspect using the pre-built flow? (And will the conditional flows filtering by product to send different types of back in stock emails even work?)