Solved

Back in Stock - Link

• 3 January 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

First time poster in this community - Hi !

I have created a BACK IN STOCK flow and i need some advice on how to only show the link on products that are out of stock.
Currently i have the below added in custom liquid on each product page, however this shows on styles that are in stock.

<a class="klaviyo-bis-trigger" href="#">Notify Me When Back in Stock</a>

I am sure it is a simple coding update - any advice on what i need to do to have it showing only on out of stock products ?

*We use:

• Stiletto Theme
  • SHOPIFY

please view this product to explain above:

https://www.gentlehabits.com.au/collections/the-dive-mask

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Jessica eCommerce Badassery 5 January 2023, 09:51

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +38

Hi Claire (@Gentle Habits), welcome to the community!

First off, love the site! Looks great. 

For the back in stock flow to work in Shopify, you’ll also need to add a code snippet in the theme.liquid file.  Here’s instructions on how to do that:

https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001895651-Install-Back-in-Stock-in-for-Shopify

Was that added and still not working? 

Badge +1

Thanks for replying and your comments. 

yea snippet is added but the back in stock link appears on every style - even styles in stock ? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

@Gentle Habits  Do you have the back in stock script added to your theme liquid file?

You can follow the directions here. 

Clicking on the button you have there now doesn’t trigger the signup form, so you’re probably missing that script in which case the code you added to your product pages is basically just html inserting text with a link that doesn’t lead anywhere.

Once the back in stock script is added to your theme.liquid file and you have viewed product tracking installed the button will show when an item you track inventory on is out of stock. 

One quick note:

• If you have specific items that you know are not coming back in stock and you don’t want people to be able to sign up for them, add the exclude on tags option. Then just pick a tag name like norestock and assign that to the items you don’t want it to show on. 
Badge +1

Thankyou so very much - i had loaded the script/snippet and added all the necessary changes.
It is now not in the liquid file / disappeared. Hence why trigger is now not happening - weird! Will add it again.

Noted on the tags, i didn't know this !