Solved

Back-ordered Email from Shopify

• 17 November 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

I am looking to create a flow that triggers an email that will be sent to customers when an item they ordered is back-ordered / drops to 0 inventory to all open orders with that product as well as any new orders until the product is back in stock. 

The client use drop ship so when things go out of stock they manually update it in shopify and same when they get an update that its back in stock.

What is the best way to set up that flow in klaviyo? 

icon

Best answer by alex.hong 18 November 2021, 00:10

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hey there @j.singler!

Thanks for posting your question to the community!

You could create a flow triggered by the Placed Order event and use a trigger filter to specify which product you'd like to target with the flow. This way, only profiles that place an order with this specific item will enter and receive the flow with an email regarding the back order status. As long as the Shopify data is being passed over to Klaviyo in a way that tracks the back-order event data of an item, you should be able to filter for those items as well. I believe it comes in the form of Status. 

​​If you are looking to build a back in stock flow regarding items that come back in stock, I would recommend checking our Building a Back in Stock Flow documentation!

Let me know if you had additional questions,

Alex​​