Solved

Best Practice for Multiple Post Purchase Flows For Specific Products

• 23 February 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +3

Hi All!

I’m still getting my feet wet with Klaviyo and email marketing in general and I was wondering what the best practice would be for a business who needed to send custom post purchase flows for each of their products. Each of these products would have a little education on how they work and how to use them, and my concern is if somebody buys multiple products at check out. 

Would it be likely be too much if a customer buys three different products and is now receiving three post purchase flows on each of those individual products that all go over how to use them and later ask if they’d had success with it etc? Is there a way to condense this information in a way that makes it more digestible for the customer without them feeling like they are getting blasted with emails? 

Thanks for any input you can give!

icon

Best answer by Jessica eCommerce Badassery 24 February 2023, 06:51

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

@Nixie28 

How many products do you have that would require custom content?

My recommendation would be to send one email but use dynamic content to show/hide the content based on what the customer purchased. This can be dynamic based on specific products or collections they purchased from. It will be based on the purchase event and the data that comes into Klaviyo. 

For example: 

• You create a section for each product that only show if they buy the conditional product
  • If someone buys product A but not product B, they only see the section for product A
  • If someone buys product A & B, they’ll see both sections

You can learn more about how to do this here: 

https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005258208-Show-or-Hide-Template-Blocks-Based-on-Dynamic-Variables

The one thing you’ll want to keep your eye on is the size of the email. I haven’t tested this myself but others have mentioned that dynamic content, even when hidden to the subscriber will still count toward the total size of your email and could cause your email to get clipped in gmail. If it’s 5 products you’re likely fine depending on the content you include. If it’s 100, that could be an issue. 

i would also consider creating pages on your website with the info you want them to have and then just linking them to those pages to keep the content inside the email lean. 

Hope that helps!

Badge +2

Hi, I was looking for similar help on creating personalized post-purchase flows and was hoping to use the link @Jessica eCommerce Badassery provided, but it returned a “page not found” error. Is that info available anywhere else? 

Thanks!

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

@MZeeb  Yes, looks like Klaviyo missed a redirect or many when they updated their help center. 

here is the documentation: https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/7655965301531

You’ll also want the logic reference page: https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/7655926841499

Badge +2

Thank you, @Jessica eCommerce Badassery !