Solved

Big drop in contacts between flow emails

• 5 December 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

Can someone tell me why so many contacts were dropped between these two emails in my flow? It is not the flow filter. I ran a segment outside of the flow that mimics the flow trigger and filter and I see the ~3k contacts that I would expect to be in the next step, but for whatever reason, the next email only send to ~1,200.

I don’t know why. Help, please.

icon

Best answer by brubakersuz 6 December 2022, 18:36

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi there @brubakersuz ,

Welcome to the Community.

That is indeed odd behavior. I believe this would require more detail to look into. With the information here, we cannot come to a conclusion for what might be causing this so I would recommend contacting our Support team.

Apologies for the inconveniece,

Alex

Badge +1

Done, thanks Alex.

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

No problem @brubakersuz , I’d like to know what the case was so please feel free to follow up here and let the community hear about it as well!

Badge +1

@alex.hong 

Here is the answer I received from the support team. Hopefully this is helpful to others in the community:

HI Suzanne, 

Thanks for getting in touch with Klaviyo Support. My name is Jordyn and I would be happy to help out today. 

The reason you're seeing a large drop between email 1 and email 2 is because at the time of Back-population, email 2 (and other emails) were in DRAFT mode. When you back-populate a Flow, if only email 1 is LIVE and all other emails are in draft, subscribers will exit the Flow after receiving email 1. 

The Flow was back-populated Thursday, then Email 2 was turned live. Though this happened within a minute, roughly 2000 emails had already gone out for email 1 and had no email 2 to queue for. 

If you would like, you can backpopulate the Flow again. Subscribers will queue up for emails that were not there when they first went through the Flow. 

Best,
Jordyn at Klaviyo Support

- - - - 

Brilliant. Thanks for the answer. So just to be sure, if I back populate again, will they skip the message they already received?

- Suzanne

- - - -

Yes! They will skip over anything they already received. 

Best,
Jordyn at Klaviyo Support

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Amazing thank you for sharing @brubakersuz hope you have a great day!