Solved

Browse abandonment flow doesn'' show the product

• 23 November 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hello,

I have a browse abandonment flow created from Klaviyo’s template and everything works fine except that it doesn’t show the product browsed neither on the preview or the test I sent to myself… I made sure my Shopify connection is enabled and working and my on-site tracking toggled in, any ideas? 

Thanks a lot!

icon

Best answer by bluesnapper 24 November 2023, 18:55

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +37

Hi @Nachin 

I would expect Klaviyo’s template to be correct.

Have you looked at your ‘viewed product’ events to ensure they’re being captured? Under ‘metrics’ then ‘viewed product’.

If you’re not seeing any, has the viewed product tracking only been recently enabled or is the site relatively new? It may be these events have not been captured yet. Only Klaviyo-cookied visitors will trigger a viewed product event.

I suggest doing a test view of a product using your profile (that you know exists in Klaviyo i.e you’ve been cookied). Does your test appear in the viewed product event activity feed?

Regards

Andy

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hello Andy,

Thank you so much for your response. I’ve done a lot of tests through different profiles (all of them are stored in the newsletter but I wouldn’t know what to say if they’re cookied or not, I’m pretty new on this). Anyways, none of mi tests triggered any “viewed product” event as you can see in the screenshot below. How can I know if the profiles I’m testing are cookied or not?

Userlevel 7
Badge +37

Hi @Nachin

When a visitor comes to your site, Klaviyo places a temporary cookie. However, it won't start tracking activity (if enabled), including product viewed, for that visitor until they are identified by their email. They then receive a semi-permanent cookie that lasts for 2-years.

That identification occurs when the visitor either submits a form, starts checkout, or clicks a link in an email you've sent them. That's why often you'll see a contact's event timeline that has a checkout started event with no viewed product event beforehand i.e they weren't cookied until checkout so the product viewed event isn’t captured first.

If you have profiles in your newsletter then they should be cookied but that depends on how those were added. If imported, then Klaviyo won’t know that a visitor to your site is tied to one of those emails until form submit, checkout, or email click.

The easiest way to test viewed product events are being captured ok is to navigate to your website url using [yourdomain]?utm_email=[your test email], which will create a profile and cookie you. Just add your website domain and test email address in those placeholders. Then view a product. Then see if a viewed product event has been captured in the product viewed activity feed.

If you do not see that test event in the product viewed activity feed, there is an issue unrelated to the above.

Let me know how you get on.

Andy

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi @bluesnapper 

I’m sorry for the late reply on this, I completely missed out your response and I truly appreciate the time spent on it.

Thanks to your comment I managed to test product view triggers and everything is working completely fine. In addition, I now understand how cookies work attached to email adresses, so thank you again!

Very excited for our big first launch happening next week, have a nice day!

Userlevel 7
Badge +37

No problem @Nachin I’m pleased I could help you out!

Regards

Andy

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Just taking the opportunity to ask you another question in case you could help us out @bluesnapper 

Users won’t be cookied until they fill out a form and/or fill the checkout process or click a link from one of our emails so, the list of users we got in our Newsletter, who introduced their emails in our password page confirmation box (the one you can currently see in les-gars.com), which is not an actual form, aren’t cookied yet, right?

Thanks a lot ♥

Userlevel 7
Badge +37

Hi @Nachin Has your password page confirmation been set up so that people who submit their emails are pushed to a list in Klaviyo as new/updated profiles?

Regards

Andy