Skip to main content

Hi everyone,

Does anyone have a solution to business email addresses constantly bouncing? It seems like inbox filters for non-mainstream inbox providers have some sort of filter that bounces emails from Klaviyo. 

We have tried shortening emails, changing the text to image ratio and still no luck. Would a dedicated sending domain solve this issue? Hesitant to do that with some of my accounts because they are smaller (2000 contacts) and benefit from being on the Klaviyo shared IP.

Hi @BryanzaleLP,

Thank you for sharing this with the Klaviyo community.

For starters, I recommend having a look at @retention’s awesome reply in the thread below

that outlines the main reasons why you’d see bounces for emails coming from a specific business domain. Let me know if I am correct in assuming that’s what you meant here.

If it is in fact a DKIM/SPF or DMARC issue (even if bounces are not specific to a certain domain), a short term test/solution would be to set your DMARC policy to p=none, which will tell inboxes to accept emails even if they fail DMARC. If you notice emails aren’t bouncing after that, you can consider the longer term solution of switching to a dedicated sending domain to fix the issue. If you do go this route, it’ll be important to warm your infrastructure. And there’s a guide on that here.

Lastly, you may find the following thread of interest which discuses DMARC in more detail:

I would also look at the type of bounce, if it’s hard or soft because those indicate different types of issues. More information on that here.

I hope that’s helpful!

This is really great information @retention I will forward this on to my team as well!

Thanks @Dov !!