Solved

Calculate total order value of one customer across all their orders

• 27 December 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

For every purchase we contribute 5% of sales value to conservation projects. We want to send an email every so often that tells each customer what their total contribution to these projects is.

Subsequently, within the email we need to sum the customer’s total order value across all purchases they’ve made (and then multiply it by 0.05 - this part we can do)

I have not been able to find a way to accomplish this. If someone could advise, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by In the Inbox 28 December 2023, 17:08

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +29

Hi @JordanDA 

Thank you for posting your question in the community. I love your idea of personalizing the emails to show how your customers have contributed to your conservation projects. That said, unfortunately, there is not a way to pull in historical spend or run any calculations based on metric values. One way you’d be able to achieve the personalization is to upload the amount spent and total contributions as a custom profile property that you manually upload into the account. 

Alternatively, you could use the amount spent and create a segment and then send a version of the email with the values hardcoded in the content of the email.

I wish I knew of a more real-time automated process to share.

Best,

@In the Inbox 

Badge

That’s a shame! Thanks for taking the time Bryan, appreciate it.