Skip to main content
Solved

Campaign

• 12 June 2024
  • 4 replies

My campaign sends fine as a test, but not when I try to send it out to my email list. It gets cut off. Any suggestions?

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Kindly elaborate on this @epera.

• By cut off, do you mean it was clipped by gmail?
  • Is the cut off section conditionally rendered?

A screenshot will also be helpful.

Badge

Gmail provides a link to view the rest of the email message which is not ideal. Next time, I will try to compress all my images to see if that will help. I never had this problem with MailChimp. We just changed over to Klaviyo. I am still learn how it works.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Gmail provides a link to view the rest of the email message which is not ideal. Next time, I will try to compress all my images to see if that will help. I never had this problem with MailChimp. We just changed over to Klaviyo. I am still learn how it works.

This is called “clipping” in Gmail, it happens because Gmail has a threshold of 102 kb and will usually cut off email messages after the102 kb mark, with an option to view the entire email through a provided link. 

Kindly note the following:

• 102 kb (102 kilobytes) refers to the size of the email code, i.e. the raw format Gmail receives your email message in.
  • Compressing your images will not affect this process as Images in Klaviyo are linked so the size of the images do not contribute to the size of the email.

To fix this issue, you need to reduce the size of the email and the most direct way of accomplishing that is by removing the not-so-necessary components. Here are some tips:

• Where possible, instead of using spacer blocks, use the top/bottom padding found in the block section of the styles for the block you’re currently editing. This will have a similar effect as the spacer above/below the component but with no extra code.(remember, using the spacer block adds an entire block of code to the email).
  • Exclude unnecessary image blocks that do not contribute to the goal of the email.
  • Paste text in plain text format. i.e. If you’re copy/pasting text and Klaviyo prompts you to keep styles, keep text only, this strips all the extra formatting that comes with the text.

Hope this helps, @epera.

Badge

This was very helpful. I will definitely remove the spacer elements and use padding instead. I think this was the culprit. I really appreciate your insight to my problem.