Solved

Campaign with abandoned Cart, Checkout link not working

• 3 April 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hello together,

I have activated my flow for the canceled shopping carts.

Unfortunately, this does not send to the previous abandoned carts, but only from now on. 
Therefore, I have now simply created a segment for the old ones and would like to send a separate campaign to the abandoned carts from 4-5 days ago. (From now on it runs automatically through the flow)

Unfortunately, the {{ event.extra.checkout_url}} URL on the button does not work. The button remains unclickable in the mail. I think because it was not started properly via a flow. But via a campaign. (But the criteria for the segment are the same as for the flow)

Can someone here give me the link how the customer gets to his correct last shopping cart?

Thank you very much

icon

Best answer by bluesnapper 3 April 2024, 11:57

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +37

Hi @Donniebrasc 

This is not possible via a campaign as the checkout event data is only passed to a flow when the checkout event is triggered. That is why the checkout re-build url is not working in your campaign.

I think you will be able to create a flow to do this but it's quite involved to ensure you're hitting the right contacts and not sending duplicate abandon emails across flows.

Also, abandon checkout emails are very time-sensitive and usually sent hours after abandon when the contacts are engaged.

Therefore, my question is: do you think it's worth your effort?

If so, happy to help further.

Regards

Andy

Badge +1

Thanks for your answer.

Userlevel 7
Badge +37

No problem @Donniebrasc 

Regards

Andy