Skip to main content

Can email campaigns alone boost sales? Need your thoughts!

• 12 August 2023
  • 1 reply

Hey there,

I've got a situation and I'm hoping to pick your brains. I've been in the selling game for a while now, and I've got this cool list of about 100k email pals – they're all past buyers from my old store. Life happened, and I've just launched a new store, still in the same groove.

Here's my brainwave: I want to work some Klaviyo magic and shoot out email campaigns to my old gang, hoping they'll swing by the new shop. Now, here's the twist – I'm thinking of ditching the whole ad game for new peeps. Instead, I want to shower all my attention on bringing back the old gang through snazzy emails.

Can this fly? Or am I dreaming? If you've got any smarts to share, I'm all ears and seriously grateful.

Big thanks for hanging out and helping me out! 🚀

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @Mila_Ng,

Welcome to the Klaviyo Community!

Glad to hear you recently launched a new store! Because this is a new store though, I would strongly advise against reaching out to these old contacts.

Primarily because these contacts have not shared explicit consent to be contacted. Since this is a new store/new brand, these contacts have not opted into receiving any marketing materials or content from this new brand. This means you don’t have the right to reach out to them. 

Although these contacts may have been past subscribers of your old store, consent is not something that is transferable. Instead, I would suggest starting fresh and attracting new subscribers by creating a sign-up form on your website. 

There are several past Community posts that discuss a similar topic which I’ve also shared below:

I hope this helps!

David