Skip to main content
Solved

Can I resend my newsletter subscribers their welcome promo code?

• 4 June 2024
  • 8 replies

I signed up a number of subscribers (about 25) before creating a Klaviyo flow that gives a welcome discount to newsletter subscriber. How can i now give those 25 subscribers the welcome promo code?

And is there a way to send a reminder with the code, to the ones that did get one after I created the flow?

Ideally what i want to do is send all subscribers a reminder and those that signed up prior to the flow get a promo code too - is this possible?

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +23

Hi @lucinilondon,

Thanks for your question! Concerning sending the welcome offer to the 25 people who signed up before your welcome flow was live, check out this article on Adding Past Profiles to a Flow. Note that it might not work if the codes are daynamic.

The simplest way to send a reminder would be to add a time delay, then a conditional split to the flow, and split customers according to who has used the coupon and who has not. For those who have not, add another email to the flow that reminds them of the coupon code.

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 5
Badge +23

One more thing - if you add a time delay, conditional split and another email, only subscribers who are currently in the flow will receive the reminder email - subscribers who have already exited the flow will not. For those customers, it might be best to do a one-time campaign to remind them of the code they received.

Badge +2

Thanks for your reply Jess - how can I tell if my coupons for my welcome email are dynamic?

This is what i see…

Userlevel 6
Badge +26

@lucinilondon,

It looks like you are using a dynamic coupon here (indicated by the PREVIEW piece in your template). 

I would probably in this case just send a one-off campaign to these 25 customers to give them their own coupon code - this is easier than changing the rest of your flow structure, and removing the benefit of dynamic coupons.

Hope that helps!

Thanks
David

Badge +2

Thanks David, yes that sounds lie the right approach.

Couple of questions:

1. I looked at all the users that signed up before I created the welcome promo flow and they are all showing as signed up 4 minutes before that flow was crated but the time the same for all of them at 2.02pm and there’s about 20, they didn’t sign up all on that minute but why would it show they did?

2. I have created a new list called FIRST TIMERS but I cannot see any way to select and add members from my Newsletter list into it - is this possible to click the ones I want to add in somehow, or would I have to add each one manually by enter name and email?

3. I created a promo code called EARLYBIRD10 and it offers 10% discount. However I cannot see a way that I can manually send this code to this list of members. Do I need to create a flow of some kind? I would like to send this to them using a template on the weekend. Do I just need to schedule the flow?
Userlevel 5
Badge +23

Thanks for your help, @DavidV!
@lucinilondon, I’ll try to answer your questions.
1 - Unfortunately I do not know the anwer to this question, perhaps David will have more insight.

2 - There are 2 ways you can add subscribers to your First Timers list. You can add them manually by going into the profile and clicking  on Lists and segments:

Then click the Add to List button:

Pop up when add to list button is clicked

From there you can flter for the list you want to add them to. Note that it if you add subscribers to list in this way, any flows associated with this list will NOT be triggered, and any double opt-in emails will NOT be sent.

Perhaps an easier way to do it would be to export the list of subscribers, then reimport to the First Timers list. Since they are already subscribers, I would suggest making sure First Timers is a single opt-in list, so they don’t receive a confirmation email.​​​​​​

3 - For your earlybird coupon, assuming you just want to send it to this First Timers list one time, I would create a campaign email instead of a flow. You can then scheduled the campaign to be sent on the weekend.

Hopet this helps!

Badge +2

Thanks Jess,

In regards to 3 - create a campaign email to be send on the weekend - how do I then make sure the Earlybird promo code is generated for each member and placed somewhere into that email? 

I think I will manually add each subscriber since there are not too many, but what do you mean by the ‘single opt-in list’ - how can I make sure of this? All these subscribers are actually friends of mine on FB and this would be a one off campaign to send them the code which they never got for their first purchase. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +23

Hi @lucinilondon!
For the single opt-in - go into your First Timers list and click on Settings, then click on Consent. Make sure the Single Opt-In is selected, then save. You should see a screen like this:

How to select single opt-in for a list

I think the easiest way to insert the coupon code would be to save your Welcome Email as a template, then create a campaign using that template. Once the campaign is created, you can go into the block that has the coupon and change it to your early bird coupon. You can also change anything else you want in the email, the changes will only affect that email campaign, not the template itself or the email already in the Welcome flow.
Here’s an article about saving an email as a template that might be helpful, as well as how to create an email campaign.
Happy to answer any more questions you have! Good luck!