Solved

Can we add a first name before our sender name?

• 15 March 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi guys,

Our sender name has been the same ever since we founded our brand. It's simply our brand name. I lately followed some of my competitors' channel and see that they custom their sender name a bit. For example first_name@brand_name, this is the common way. With the sender name regulation, do you guys think it can be harmful in some ways (or in the future maybe)? and if the answer is “no". Could you guys name some benefits from it. That would help me a lot. Looking forward to all of your responses!

Best regards,

Danny

icon

Best answer by AlexandraPalau 15 March 2024, 14:54

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hey @Konic Group , in my opinion, it’s a bit scammy. I’m pretty sure it breaks a few compliance rules as well. Why would you put your customer’s first name in the sender name? This is how people identify who this email is from and after looking at the (1) subject line and (2) preview text, they decide if it’s worth opening. Tricking people with a gimmick like this might get a few more opens, but at what cost? Spam report, lower trust, no real buyer intent, to name a few. Next time, that same customer will think twice when he sees an email from you. 

Bottom line: If you want to play with your sender name, maybe add Bob from <brand name> or something, but I wouldn’t recommend tricking people like this. Hope this helps!

Userlevel 7
Badge +37

Hi @Konic Group 

I believe you mean your sender name rather than inserting your customer’s name!

There’s no issue I’m aware of with using a first name/brand in the sender name e.g Danny - Konic Group. It can be anything. The key thing is to align your ‘from’ address with your branded sending domain. More info here: https://www.klaviyo.com/uk/marketing-resources/2024-google-yahoo-sender-requirements

Hope that helps

Andy

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

Hi @Konic Group!

As Andy stated, you can make your sender name anything you want. 

You want to ensure that it’s not too long but I would try different things based on the goal of the email. 

Here are some examples...

Brand Name Simplicity: Simply using the store's name. It's straightforward and builds brand recognition.
[Store Name]
[Store Name] Official

Personal Connection: Adding a personal touch from a team member or the founder.
[Founder's Name] from [Store Name]
Your friend at [Store Name]

Department or Function: Helps recipients understand the email's context or purpose.
[Store Name] Customer Care
[Store Name] Deals Team

Brand Character or Mascot: If your store has a character or mascot, using it can make your emails stand out.
[Character Name] at [Store Name]
[Mascot Name] of [Store Name]

Value Proposition: Highlight what subscribers gain from your emails.
[Store Name] Insider
Exclusive Offers by [Store Name]

Seasonal or Event-Driven: Adapting the sender name to current events or seasons.
[Store Name] Holiday Specials
Summer Picks from [Store Name]

Product or Collection Focus: If you're promoting specific products or collections.
[Product/Collection] at [Store Name]
New Arrivals - [Store Name]

Hope that helps!

Thanks,

Alex 😊

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi guys,

Thanks a lot for all the responses

To Michael Ive, I don't meant to put our customers’ names before @ our brand name, I want to put my name. But you make some points from that logic, thank you. To Andy and Alex, thank you so much for your comments, especially Alex, I did find some insights from yours 😍!

All the best

Danny