Solved

Can you create a segment/filter based items added to cart with specific product tags?

• 23 February 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge +3

Hi i’m trying to create an abandoned checkout/cart flow that splits based on they type of product put in their basket. eg if they put dog food in their cart at checkout and abandoned they’d go a different path.

for post purchase i’ve used the product Tags to do this, but I can’t seem to see the tags option in the checkout options.

Is this possible? 

icon

Best answer by Bobby 23 February 2024, 13:37

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +15

Hi @MrSidney,

Great question! Happy to try and help out here.

If referring to the Shopify Checkout Started event, there typically exists a tags event property that will appear in the filter dropdown when setting up a trigger split. However, these are typically order-level tags (example below) and not product-level, which it sounds like you’re looking for:

In the use case that you described, the typical approach I see is to reference a category/collection property (e.g. “dog food”) when segmenting (example below):

Similar would apply to the custom Added to Cart event, if you’re tracking that as well. As long as there is an event property for category/collection, you’ll be able to filter off of that.

Would the above solve for your use case? Or, is the data you’re looking for only available as a product tag in the catalog, and not available at the collection-level?

Cheers,
Bobby

Badge +3

fantastic thank you