Solved

Can you create unique codes for individual subscribers?

Badge +1

Hi there, is there any way you can generate unique codes for individual subscribers? For example, unique birthday codes that run in the flow? 

icon

Best answer by bluesnapper 14 March 2024, 21:01

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Browns 

Thanks for asking the community for help with your question.

Can you provide a little more clarity on what you are trying to accomplish? What integration are you using with Klaviyo? What kind of code are you looking for, a coupon code? Knowing more of what you are trying to do will help guide you in the right direction!

Badge +1

Thank you for your reply. 

We are using Shopify. We have sent up a flow for Birthday’s however, we would like to send unique codes to each individual subscriber on their Birthday.

Thanks,

Browns. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Browns 

Thanks for the clarification!

We have a Help Center article specifically on creating unique coupon codes for Shopify. Check it out and let us know if you still have questions!

Badge +1

Thank you for this. This article doesn’t confirm whether you can auto generate unique codes every time a subscribers meets the criteria, i.e. a birthday flow. Sorry if I have missed it and it is in the article. Please can you confirm. 

Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @Browns 

Yes. The dynamic coupon codes are a pool Klaviyo draws from when sending an email. With the Shopify integration, Klaviyo ensures new ones are generated as needed once you’ve created the coupon.

As an example, you create a dynamic code called ‘birthday’ so in your flow email you include the tag:

{% coupon_code 'birthday' %}

When the email is sent, Klaviyo inserts a unique discount code for that recipient into the email. For every email you send with that tag, the recipient will always receive the same unique code.

Whether a contact receives that birthday email with the code, that’s down to your flow conditions.

Does that answer your question?

Regards

Andy

Badge +1

Hi @bluesnapper

Thank you very much for this. How do I set it so that only 15% discount applies and to only a certain collection I have created in my Shopify?

Thank you, 

Ebony 

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @Browns 

If you want to do this as a dynamic coupon (unique code for each recipient), head to https://www.klaviyo.com/coupons/new/shopify and create a new coupon.

Ensure you check Specific Collections during creation. A drop-down list of collections pulled from Shopify will appear for selection, Choose the collection to which you want the discount to apply (example below).

If you name the coupon birthday for example, then include {% coupon_code 'birthday' %} in any emails that you want a unique discount code from this coupon to be inserted.

Does that answer your question?

Regards

Andy

Badge +1

Hi again @bluesnapper , 

Just on this topic, how do I set an expiry date? For example, the code expires 30 days after receipt. 

Thank you, 

Ebony

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @Browns 

In my screenshot above, set Expiration to ‘After a certain number of days/hours’ to 30 days. That will set the coupon to expire automatically 30-days after send time. 

Regards

Andy

Badge +1

Thank you Andy, you have been very helpful. 

Badge +1

Hi again @bluesnapper

This has now deleted all my auto generated codes and even with setting them back up with an expiration date I can’t now generate any codes at all? 

Thank you, 

Ebony

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @Browns 

For use in flows, the codes are automatically generated in batches of 100 for live flows as required so you never run out of them. So, even if 0 codes are shown as available, as soon as a flow is triggered that includes the coupon code tag, Klaviyo will create 100 codes and insert a unique one in each email recipient’s email. More info here: https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/115006155388

Regards

Andy