Solved

Capturing profiles outside of flow time delay

• 31 January 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge
  • Contributor I
  • 0 replies

Hi, I have a query about win-back flows and how to reach profiles that have already passed (or are midway through) the time delay. I created a standard metric-based winback flow and tested using the ‘add past profiles’ function, but was completely baffled by the profiles that were queued for the emails and on what dates. It made no sense to me. So I cloned the flow and started again. 

This is the solution I have come up with to fill the stop-gap before the winback flow starts sending:

1. Activate the metric-based (placed order) winback flow with a time delay of 75 days. This will start sending on 15/04/24 based on activating it on 31/1/24. 
  2. Create a segment of profiles that placed an order >75 days ago. On today’s date (31/1/24) this captures anyone who last placed an order prior to 18/11/23. 
    1. Send a winback campaign/s to those profiles
    2. Create an identical winback flow that is segment-based (trigger is when a profile is added to the segment who placed an order >75 days ago)
    3. As 75 days lapse between orders, profiles will be added to that segment and enter the flow (this will capture customers who ordered from 19/11/23).
    4. Turn off that segment-based winback flow prior to 15/4/24. If I don't turn it off, a profile could potentially be in the original flow, and be added to the segment flow and receive the emails twice.  

Will this work? I realise it’s a bit more work than back-populating the flow and segment, but it makes more sense to me! 

Thanks for your feedback

icon

Best answer by stephen.trumble 1 February 2024, 14:55

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @ZoeK 

Welcome to the Klaviyo Community!

As you said, your setup will take some work but it will work and consistently add new profiles to the segements/flows as they meet the condition.