Solved

Category Personalisation in Abandoned Cart Flow

• 29 June 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +4

Hi,

I have an Abandoned Cart flow that is set up to identify customers who qualify for a VIP Coupon at checkout and/or free shipping. I have now been tasked with identifying carts that contain a subscription product, to create a template that is unique to those products. 

I have inserted an additional conditional split to the flow, so as anyone who entered the flow with a subscription product would enter the specific arm for this category. Below is how it is structured. 

I have had multiple issues with trigger/conditional splits in flows and found that they don’t always correctly identify customers, sometimes resulting in duplicate emails being sent. 

Before I move forward with building the content and setting this live, could someone please offer their expertise as to whether the first split will work correctly.

Thanks,

Megan

icon

Best answer by bluesnapper 30 June 2023, 19:11

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @Megan.Poole 

I don't think the the conditional split for the subscription product is correct: they will enter the flow when they start checkout and then after 1-hour, the conditional split checks if they started checkout with the sub product at least once *since* starting the flow. So I think they'd have to trigger a checkout event twice?

I would use a trigger split for the subscription product as that is tied to the orginal trigger event (started checkout)

To make sure all is OK, I suggest you set flow messages to manual initially and do a review of a sample of contact profiles in the waiting list as it populates. I've found it's the only way to ensure all is working as you expect before the emails are sent and you set to live.

As a side note: I always have two abandoned checkouts: one for new customers and one for repeat customers. Mainly so I can more easily tailor the messages to acknowledge loyal customers. I find it also makes logic and personalisation of messages around discount codes a lot easier. I do the same for other flows where it makes sense.

In your example, the new v returning approach would mean you could lose the conditional split for "Swell Points" and one of the trigger split branches for an Abandoned Checkout (new customers) as they won't have accrued any swell points (never purchased - assuming that’s how they get swell points)).

Hope that helps

Andy

Badge +4

Hi @bluesnapper

Thanks for stepping in! You’ve explained that clearly, I appreciate that. I’ve inserted trigger splits rather than conditional.

This is how I have updated the flow to identify subscribers. I used your recommendation to set it as manual - great shout! I can see that it has correctly identified the “no” carts, but those that met the condition didn’t enter the yes path as waiting. Could you think of any reason for this? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

No problem @Megan.Poole Glad it’s at least working for the ‘No’ path!

Your grab shows 2 contacts who have been sent down the ‘yes’ branch so it’s strange they’re not appearing in the review count for email #10. You have smart send enabled for that email but I’d expect if that were the case for those 2 contacts they’d appear in the ‘skipped’ count (though i’m not sure that occurs for an email set to manual anyway.)

I suggest you switch off smart send for now and see what happens.

I’m happy to take a closer look, but I do not work for Klaviyo so you may prefer to wait for a community manager to jump on this thread or contact Klaviyo support if you are on a plan. They’ve always been very responsive and helpful in my experience.

Let me know how you get on!

Regards

Andy