Solved

Checkout Abandonment Flow Sending to People who Completed Checkout

• 8 January 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

My abandoned checkout flow is sending to people who have checked out. How do I fix this? 

My company uses a custom WordPress website and Guesty to track our customers and interact with Klaviyo. We recently revamped our metrics; the revenue was not collecting for many of them, but that issue is now fixed. With that, we have had to update our flows, but there’s something we’re still missing. 

NOTE: After reviewing further, it looks like our flow filters have not been working. Any idea why?

Here are the API metrics we have now: 

Our New API Metrics

Here is how the checkout abandonment flow is set up:

Checkout Abandonment Flow, Trigger & Flow filters

Here is an example of a guest experience where the flow started when it should NOT have: 

Guest Experience

Any clue how to fix this? What are we missing?

icon

Best answer by Bobi N. 9 January 2024, 10:45

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +42

@agbthg 

The problem is in your filters.. you need to change OR with AND.. so the 3 filters you have separated with OR will all have to be AND.

So it would be:

Ordered Product zero times since starting this flow

AND

Completed Checkout zero times since starting this flow

AND

Order Placed zero times since starting this flow

The problem with OR is if at least one of those filters is true people will continue through the flow so if one of those 3 metrics you have doesn’t work properly people will get the emails. When you put it with AND it will be if people don’t meet at least one of them they will stop the flow

And from what I see in your guest experience it seems like Ordered product and Order Placed are not triggering when someone buys so that is why in the current setup people are not excluded.. because of the OR and these 2 not working people continue receiving the emails

Badge +1

Amazing, thank you, Bobi! I’ll try that!