Solved

Clarification on Trade Program Signup Flow

• 7 September 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

I’m creating a flow to encourage some customers to enter our trade program.  I’ll be identifying these customers manually and putting them into a segment which will trigger this flow.  I’m not sure if I have this flow structured correctly.  Particularly with the time delays.  I want to send them a unique cupon with an additional discount if they sign up for the list. If they don’t sign up within four days, I want to send a followup, then if they still don’t sign up, move them to a “cold” segement.

With the way I have it currently set up will the first conditional split be the “Yes” branch if they sign up at any point within four days or does it need to be immediate?  I don’t want there to be a delay between them signing up and getting the discount code.

icon

Best answer by retention 7 September 2023, 20:14

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi @Warble, I noticed this was your first post, so welcome to the community! Thanks for sharing the screenshot, it makes it a lot easier to see what you’re trying to do.

The one change I would make is to move the “Wait 4 Days” time delay in front of the Conditional Split “Has Subscribed to List ...”. 

That way, you give everyone 4 days to potentially opt into your Trade Program List.  As it is right now, you are checking if they signed up for the Trade Program almost immediately, so I presume that’s not your intention.  

Otherwise, everything looks great. I like how you’re using the Custom Profile Update Action so you can create future Segments based on that data. 

---

Joseph Hsieh // retentioncommerce.com // twitter: @retenion